Pesquisar neste blogue

segunda-feira, 7 de agosto de 2017

Sejam bem-vindos no meu blog!

Welcome, Readers!

The idea of this blog was born upon my return from my beloved country, Portugal, which was the main destination of a pilgrimage tour on the occasion of the Centenary of Apparitions of Our Lady in Fatima. I decided that my thoughts and impressions from that trip should not wither away.

Why Portugal?

The answer is complex and I shall elaborate on that later, however there is a key.

O caminho para o coração de um homem é pelo estômago - diz uma dica popular... e o caminho 
para o coração de uma mulher é pelas palavras.
Since I am a woman, and women are particularly sensitive to words - to their sound and meaning - my love for Portugal started with its language. Portugal seduced me with her words, plain and simple. Not being able to resist its beauty, I started learning Portuguese on my own. 
I like to say Portuguese language is beautiful as Latin (as in the poem of Olavo Bilac) and melodious as Russian.

Língua Portuguesa (Olavo Bilac)

Última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela,
És, a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura:
Ouro nativo, que na ganga impura
A bruta mina entre os cascalhos vela…
Tuba de alto clangor, lira singela,
Que tens o trom e o silvo da procela,
E o arrolo da saudade e da ternura!
De virgens selvas e de oceano largo!
Amo-te, ó rude e doloroso idioma,
E em que Camões chorou, no exílio amargo,
O gênio sem ventura e o amor sem brilho!

Amo-te assim, desconhecida e obscura.
Amo o teu viço agreste e o teu aromaem
que da voz materna ouvi: “meu filho!”,


Further, since I am a musician, Portugal seduced me with her music. Not only fado, but also lusophone music from its former colonies.All in all, my love for Portugal had started years before I even had a chance to go and see the land where such a beautiful language is spoken and such beautiful music is played. The country itself did not disappoint me; I fell in love with it equally.


I am of Polish nationality and my native language is polski. However, since I am open to a more international community, I decided to write mostly in English and Portuguese (as much as the knowledge of the latter allows me to do so). I will be very happy to receive feedback from fans of Portugal and Portuguese-speaking people from any corner of the world; let us start today.


Sejam bem-vindos!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário